How to chmod ClicShopping directories manually?

Sometimes a webmaster has to move ClicShopping to a new hosting and the process will relate to "permissions". I searched  in this forum, but I could not find any documents about guide to chmod some directories in the right way. Many scripts will not run normally if the permissions is wrong.

Please discuss this case. Any suggestions would be appreciate! 

Hello

I make an update about the composer who can create automatically an htaccess in shop directory and  when you install application and the site is not accessible.

I change the json configuration to resolve that.

About chmod if your hoster do not allow to include new file or create new directory. You must do that manually.

For you the most important directory and sub directory are :

Includes/clicshopping/work in 777 and sub

Sources/images in 777 and image

The chmod can be changed with your ftp

Check also is your hoster accept composer (commande). Now, if you want install a payment for example, composer is required in your server.

If the automatic install do not work you have no choice to download the apps you make an install manually in your case

You have some tutorials on the website to do that how to install in manual an apps

The best is to have a local website, to install local and after to export in your server.

I hope it can help you to resolve your problem.

• Like 1

@Julie,

In your case, you can not install the apps but the library will not installed. You must make another action via your terminal to finish to install the library.

After you can activate the apps.

The terminal command is :

composer require mylibrary
composer update mylibrary
composer update (for all library)
composer remove mylibrary

If you have this message you can not make an update via the administration, you will see just the version installed.

@SuperThin, As i Said ClicShopping, it's better for you to make a manual update.
You can look the apps accross the admin, but it's better to download and install after

Also you can look via Github or via the marketplace.

Some hoster make restriction and its not possible to know before to make a test.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Should we install Composer to production hosting? Composer hogs RAM. So, a VPS has less than 4GB RAM cannot run Composer well. I will try Composer in my dev environment.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:37 PM, ClicShopping said:

The best is to have a local website, to install local and after to export in your server.

What you mean "export"? What is the result of exporting actions?

I don't have more knowledge of ClicShopping, but as I know exporting implies data aspects, not for hierarchical source codes/ directories.

(edited)

No you do not have to. It's not mandatory

You can install composer inside your dev and after if you install a library and develop something (or update the libraries),

you can export your dev in  production.

It's better to check in dev before because when you are in production, and you have an error it's not very nice !!

Composer help lot of when you try to develop something with a library like phpmailer (it's including inside ClicShopping).

But it's an example.

Composer change these files when you make an action with composer.

/shop/composer.json

/shop/composer.lock

/includes/ClicShoping/External/vendor

Let me know if you want more information.

Edited by Foster
  • Thanks 1