How to translate into new language

I come from Viet Nam. The default ClicShopping installation has two languages: English and French. But, in my country, English nor French is second language. So, I want to translate into Vietnamese. How can I do it?

ClicShoppingAdmin -> Tools -> Editors -> DefineLanguage doesn't work at all. It is read only, we cannot write. I think I will download whole of directory (sources -> language -> english) to translate file-by-file.

Please help me!

Thank you so much!

SuperThin.

(edited)

Hello,

Indeed it seems there is a bug, I able to update a language but one language.

The other way is to create a directory inside sources/languages/Vietnam

Copy all the english and directory files in vietnam

after edit every files and translate into vietnam

Do not forget to create the directory inside Configuration / other language andcheck if english is your default language.

After you can put in off the french

Edited by Patrick

Hello,

You can put language in 777 witht this sub-directories and try, Maybe your server do not accept to creae directly a directory.

For me I test for the english and french, no problem.
But I tried with another, yes, there is a problem.

For moment, it's better to do that manually

I cannot understand how to language files work. I did:

1. In ClicShoppingAdmin Dashboad => menu Configuration => Others => Languages => click button New to create Vietnamese. The result is in my {ClicShopping installation directory}/sources/languages appeared a directory vietnamese . So, I had:

myclicshopping/sources/languages/vietnamese with many files

are similar to 

myclicshopping/sources/languages/english

2. I downloaded all of files inside myclicshopping/sources/languages/vietnamese to my PC and translated all of sentences / phrases after "=" ("is equal to" sign) from English into Vietnamese.

3. I uploaded all of files (the result of step 2 above) override to myclicshopping/sources/languages/vietnamese

4. In ClicShoppingAdmin Dashboad => menu Configuration => Sessions & cache => Cache control => click button Reset

5. I accessed home page and click Vietnamese flag icon: the interface is English, but products is OK in Vietnamese.

So, I am thinking that I forgot some steps or was wrong something in add a new language to my site. 

I try to ClicShoppingAdmin Dashboad => menu Tools => Editors => DefineLanguage => click edit icon in a line (Shop-index) => click Vietnamese tab => click button Edit translation.

No Vietnamese can show in parts of ClicShopping.

What should I do?

Just to understand more

Do you see the Vietnamese language in  Editor ?

Do you see the Vietnamese icon on your catalog ? (do you click on this icon to create the cache for this language)

Could you tell us the vietnamese language parameters (in configuration/Other) ?

Do you change the chmod Work in 777 with all the subdirectories ?

try to delete in Works/Cache all the language  and update your catalog (click on all languages icon)

13 hours ago, Patrick said:

Do you see the Vietnamese language in  Editor ?

Yes. I edited some phrase, delete in Works/Cache as you suggested, I some Vietnamese display on home page.

Do you see the Vietnamese icon on your catalog ?

Yes. It is good.

Could you tell us the vietnamese language parameters (in configuration/Other) ?

You can see here: https://imgur.com/a/za3F7XW

And Tools => Editors: https://imgur.com/a/CFYifGZ

Do you change the chmod Work in 777 with all the subdirectories ?

Yes. Everything is OK.

The problem is: relationship between myclicshopping/sources/languages/vietnamese/*.txt with menu Tools => Editors => DefineLanguage

In other words, I want to know the right way (one way only will be the best) to create Vietnamese language for my site. And the languages (are using in ClicShopping) was saved into MySQL database or in files? Which of them will be query/ read to mix to PHP code and parse to HTML?

If you change by the administration, the data is saved in db and cache. I do not think inside the language (test and look) . You an try also with chmod 777 language directory and sub and check.

In this case, if you reset the language, you lost all your modification.

When you install a new apps, it read the language file and bring into cache and db.

4 hours ago, ClicShopping said:

@SuperThin

Just a question when you will are finish to translate ClicShopping in Vietnamese, Are you agree to share your work ?
If yes, just contact me by mail, i will explain you the process.

This forum cannot attach files or images. So, I will upload to Google Drive and share a link. I sent you a PM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How can I change Administrator Dashboard to Vietnamese language? In translating, I read some phrases and know that it belongs to back-end of ClicShopping or showing in Admin Dashboard, but I could not find how to switch Admin to use Vietnamese language. In profile of a user as Admin, have no option.

What should I do?

Hello @SuperThin,

That I know you have :

/ClicShopingAdmin/includes/languages

/Shop/Sources/languages/

/includes/ClicSHopping/Apps/Catalog/MyApps/Languages

I think you can find the elements inside the Apps.
Look Catalog, Orders, Tools.

If you do not find, the best is to make  a search inside the files, take the terms, You will found the files.

• Thanks 1