DSP2: how to get in compliance?

Until now 3-D Secure was not mandatory, but it is advisable to use it to reduce the amount of unpaid due to fraud. From September, the DSP2 makes this additional authentication mandatory for amounts over € 30.

However, as explained in the article, two authentication modes will be possible:
- Strong authentication: the buyer will have to identify himself via a code, a fingerprint ...
- Frictionless authentication: authentication will be transparent to the buyer. Your payment solution will need to exchange data with your customer's bank to ensure the security of the transaction. Today, only an intelligent 3-D Secure system can carry out this operation.

If the customer has a code to enter to finalize his purchase, in fact it is the strong authentication.
With frictionless authentication, the customer does not have to do anything because the exchange of data is only between the payment solution and its bank. The transaction is secure without the need to enter a code!

(edited)

@Mara

The technology evolve, the need also and the hacker. In all case same this approach is not the best, the goal is to secure the transaction.

Now if the payment use the sms, all the people do not have a smartphone !

Edited by Patrick
(edited)

I think it's important to have a website in relation with the law and to promote this aspect inside a good communication.

It's complicated to sell when your are a little shop owner, in my opinion I think it can be a good strategy.

Edited by Grimoire