Does ClicShopping run on PHP 8?

Hello,

Just for your information, ClicShopping works very fine on php 8.0. I made some little modification and I take time to check the different page.

All is in good way about php 8.0 TC 03

Some information below

ClicShopping Version3.22

Hôte :localhost (127.0.0.1)

Hôte de la base de données :localhost (127.0.0.1)

Système d'exploitation :Linux 5.4.0-54-genericBase de données :MySQL 5.5.5-10.4.17-MariaDB-1:10.4.17+maria~focal

Date du serveur :2020-11-23 09:30:09 +0000 UTC2020-11-23 10:30:09

Temps de fonctionnement :10:30:09 up 1 day, 18:58, 2 users, load average: 0.45, 1.09, 1.29

Serveur HTTP :Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)

Zend version8.0.0RC3 (Zend : 4.0.0-dev)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hello @Tempo

Some tutorials are started on internet about that.

But in summay, you must remove php7.4 and after install php 8. It seems do not work together.

Also phpMyadmin do not work very well; some errors appears but you can remove, add .... information.

I uploaded yesterday the ClicShopping php8 quickly :

- installation works very fine

- application works also and I see a speed improvment. If you use the preoading. it's again better.

First conclusion for my first quickly test.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I tested the qpplication on local post. Yes seems works fine but there is again a little work. Patience.

Else phpMyAdmin has little problem, composer do not work on my 20.04.

Php is not again in production but it nice about ClicShopping can work.

• Thanks 1
(edited)

I installed the current development yesterday; works fine but on php 7.4, do not work 🤮 but work fine on php 8.0 with again some little minor error. Normal

Edited by Drack

My take on this.

Successful e-commerce requires stability and jumping on the latest bleeding edge software always has an element of risk.

Continually moving the PHP minimal version is not good practice, IMO.

Development of ClicShopping should strive to work on a range of environments and not be tied to a specific version of PHP, for example.

I have a number of e-commerce sites that have been running securely and successfully for over 10 years, with only minor updates to their software.

It is MUCH more important to squash bugs and improve on existing functionality, rather than impose/introduce the latest trend/fad.

Good luck, going forward.

Hello @AlwaysSkint,

I understand you point of view as service provider.

But the php evolution has some bug fix and secure fix.You can say your server is secure after some years use the same php version. Maybe your code is secure, but not your php version.

Also all the ClicShopping version updated fix some bugs identified in the time and at the moment all software need a break to follow the technology.
Maintain some different solution for free is not relevant in my sense.

• Like 1